Milestone Hospice provides specialized healthcare services for people who are living with terminal illness as well as services and support for their families.
The TEAM focuses on providing comfort and pain relief when a cure is not possible:
- Hospice Medical Director is 24-hours on call.
- Skilled Nurses, who are trained specifically to deal with pain and symptoms management available 24 hours a day.
- Social Workers to offer counseling and as resources for community services.
- Certified Home Health Aides and Homemakers to assist with ADL, if needed.
- Volunteers to provide assistance through visits, letter writing, reading or shopping if needed.
- Chaplain and Spiritual Counselors to provide guidance with spiritual questions and concerns at the end of life.
- Bereavement Coordinators, to help in grief support services and continue to at least one year following the death of a loved one.
We are committed to provide the best care services by our team of dedicated healthcare professionals.
Why Choose Milestone Hospice?
Milestone Hospice was established with a group of multiple teams of professionals, healthcare practitioners and volunteers committed to providing the highest quality of care to the communities it serves. Because our roots are in this area, we completely understand the needs of our community and neighbors and we seek to serve our patients and their loved ones the best in class care through education and support.
Milestone Hospice, Inc. is committed to promoting and enhancing end-of-life care through education, advocacy and supportive services.
Milestone Hospice will conduct an ongoing comprehensive, integrated self assessment of the quality and appropriateness of care provided, including inpatient care, home care and care provided under arrangements. The findings will be used by Milestone Hospice to correct identified problems and to revise hospice policies if necessary. (HCFA4 18.66)
- The Director of Patient Care Services will assume the responsibility for management and development of the Performance Improvement Program.
- The persons assigned to Performance Improvement will carry out the tasks as directed by the Director of Patient Care Services:
- Implement and report on activities and mechanisms for monitoring the quality of patient care.
- Identify and resolve problems as identified on Unusual Occurrence forms submitted.
- Make suggestions for improving patient care on a “Daily Basis”
Milestone Hospice is committed to educating and providing information to the community. We strive in our day to day operations and through the provision of services, to contribute to the evolution of a completely informed society. Milestone Hospice hopes that the knowledge will facilitate decision making and empower the consumer.
In-services for facilities, residents, patients and employees include but are not limited to the following:
- Who is eligible for Hospice Benefits?
- What are the benefits of Hospice Services and what are the services?
- What is the difference between Hospice and Home Health.
- What is Durable Power of Attorney Living Will, and Advance Directives?
- What is Case Management?